This week, we will continue our investigation of quantitative methods. We will analyze how to understand threats to the validity of experimental designs. Most importantly, we will cover how to evaluate and interpret quantitative findings. Additionally, we will discuss how to conduct a literature review.
- Kowalski et al. (2018). Evaluating the Merits of Quantitative Research Studies in Kinesiology (Chpt. 6, pp. 113-130).
- Bullock, M. (2004). What is evidence and what is the problem? Psychological Science Agenda, 18(3). http://www.apa.org/science/about/psa/2004/03/bullock.aspx
- Additional: Creswell & Creswell (2018). Review of the Literature (Chpt. 2, pp. 23-47). PDF available on Canvas.
- Randolph, J. J. (2009). A guide to writing the dissertation literature review. Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation. Available online: http://pareonline.net/pdf/v14n13.pdf or on Canvas.
- Peer review of Research Questions