Takeaway: Presentation covers ableism, empire of the normal, disability models, access.
Here’s some Qs that I think accompany this well:
- What is one way to counter ableism in society?
- Possible answers: Learn about disability; learn about generalizations associated with disability; recognize the stigma of disabilities; recognize misconceptions about disability; re-value or engage with the differences one faces with disability; face the societal barriers head-on.
- A. Centers able-bodied experiences as the norm.*
- B. Normalizes disability as a part of a human continuum.
- C. Ensures equal representation of disabled and able-bodied persons.
- D. Leverages accommodations to insure access.
- A. Medical
- B. Social*
- C. Humanist
- D. Theological
- A. Semi-truthful sterotypes
- B. Unfortunate stigma
- C. Acceptable discrimination
- D. A permissible prejudice*
If you found something helpful, you could donate to my tipjar, visit my shop, or checkout my affiliates.